is an industrial-grade (wide temperature range with surge & static protection) optically-isolated RS-485 Hub/Splitter/Repeater, which can be used to expand RS-485 networks by splitting one RS-485 network into four, in turn increasing the maximum number of nodes and the distance covered by an RS-485 network. The unit comes with options for RS-485 or RS-232 input, for easy installation. It was designed so that data coming from the input (RS-232 or RS-485) will transmit to all four loops of RS-485 networks. However, each loop of RS-485 devices will transmit data back to the input only, thus reducing any possible interference between each loop of the RS-485 devices. Also, the failure of any individual loop will not affect other loops, making the RS-485 networks more robust and reliable.
The product features opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protects your RS-232/RS-485 devices from transient surges, ground loops and spikes. Opto-isolation also eliminates ground loop and noise problems. The unit supports data rates up to 115,200 bps and features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting; therefore, no DIP switch or jumpers are required.
- Expands RS-485 networks by splitting one RS-485 network into four, thus making star-wiring possible for RS-485 networks.
- The failure of any individual loop will not affect the others, making the RS-485 network more robust and reliable.
- Rack (DIN-Rail) or wall / panel mounting for easy installation.
- Industrial grade with wide temperature range (-40ºF to 185ºF / -40ºC to 85ºC), surge (600W) and static protection (15kV).
- Optical isolation effectively protects RS-232/RS-485 devices from ground loops, transient surges and spikes. It also eliminates ground loop and noise problems.
- Supports data rates up to 115,200bps.
- Supports up to 512 (4x 128) nodes of RS-485 devices.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to ISO-9001 standards.
- CE/FCC certified: strictly certified by world-class lab TUV.
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.